Thursday, September 4, 2008

My choices.....

There is always something to be thankful for.....thank you Nace for reminding me...at least I do have choices. Since not getting the job at SWA....yes I am still a tiny bit sad about their bad decision....
I will share the top choices I am praying over...there is one I am considering over the rest...but we shall see what happens in the last quarter!

My choices...

In no paticular order.....


My dear friend Melaine who is a traveling nurse....in the great state of Hawaii has thrown out to me the idea of coming to live there and teaching. She knows of some teachers there.....huuummm...that is one place I would actually consider the idea of grading papers again. I do really miss my students...love the age I taught!! Just not the politics. I absolutely can't play their games anymore. They killed my creativity..stressed me to the max... and it never seemed to be enough at least in the district I was in. Oh how I loved my students and parents. Could it be different....I always wonder....are there better expereinces out there. I gave it 5 years...was that not enough....could the beach make it better??? hahaha

I have my undergraduate in speech pathology...could go back to school....for a master's degree...but the GRE...eewww...just the thought of that..I don't know....BUT it would be so fun to work with kids again..and I could even work in a hospital scene. I did some clinical observations at various hospitals in college and really liked it. That could take at least 2 years and some money...as in debt....uugghhh I have knocked my debt(college/hospital) from $32,000 to right at $7,000...in the end I am sure I would make good money to be able to pay the rest of it off.....but man..I've worked so stinkin hard at two jobs for so long... to get this far....

My awesome sister works for At&T and is really trying to get me on there. I have no idea if I would like the work....but I am sure I would like the pay from what I hear...it's pretty darn good. I could pay off my debt in a year...there would be new opportunies there. Still waiting for an interview.........

I currently work at a commercial real estate office doing property management....I really enjoy the accounts and owner's I work with...I have tons of flexibility with my hours and my boss is awesome. I have the money to be able to get my license and start selling......I never in a million years would have thought I would be an agent. Then again...I never thought I would be a teacher either..it wasn't till I signed the first report card to send a student to second grade that it became the real deal for me! I do get excited to help people and I think it's an awesome thing to be able to help someone find a property.. to be able to start or expand their business. I have a fascination with the field....but so scared to jump into this....I think I could be good at it...but what if I'm not. =)

Finally....there is missions....I can't help it...it's still out there...on my heart. I had thought if I was still at the sorority house I would take next summer and go.....but with the way things have turned out....I just feel very convicted to pay off the most recent debt I have.....and the rest of what is left from school. It's been a goal of mine since 1999 when I occured the nice big emergency surgery debt along with my college loans. God has been so faithful to me...and taught me so much about money through all of this. I just want to be free from any debt...it is a huge goal and I can see the light at the end of the tunnel!!! I just know..... I will be so so so free when it's paid...and I will have stuck to something and finished it well.
I don't really have any direction as to where to go with missions....except there is an orphanage in Brazil I would love to check out...Africa is a place that keeps coming to mind...would love to meet my World Vision child in Kenya...and Cape Town seems amazing. I am wondering at some point....if God might open a door for this and will give me a clear opportunity.

So there they are...my choices and thoughts. I am praying over these. I lay them at His feet and really pray He will move my heart strongly in the right direction...slam doors closed!! =) I know I shouldn't be...but I'm a bit scared...I think that's what's keeping me paralized!! I just want do something I enjoy and not feel trapped in it. Time and money are slipping away. I have to make a decision soon. =)

No comments: