Saturday, October 25, 2008

Accept Responsibility

You are the one who ate the junk food.
You are the one who didn't say no!
You are the one who took the job.
You are the one who stayed at the job.
You are the one who chose to believe them.
You are the one who ignored your intution.
You are the one who abandoned your dream.
You are the one who bought it.
You are the one who didn't take care of it.
You are the one who decided you had to do it alone.
You are the one who trusted him.
You are the one who said yes to the dogs.


In order to complain about something...or someone, you have to believe that something better exist. You have to have a reference point of something you prefer that you are not willing to take responsibility for creating.

In order to make a change....you have to change. ...change involves risk. A risk that might be uncomfortable..difficult..or confusing. So, to avoid risk..we stay put and complain.

Take responsibility for choices made...stop complaining....
replace complaining with requests...take action...achieve your desired outcome.

~Jack Canfield The Success Principles pgs.10,11,12,13


This book is completely kicking my butt. It's great timing....since I am in the midst of some big changes in my life. Somewhere along the way.....I stopped taking responsibility for my actions....stopped chooseing joy.....stopped seeing my value in Christ and chose to say yes to some dogs. I have come to realize that when I allow myself to get entangled in sin......it is just that... an entanglement. Just like a sticky web...it may not always come right off....sometimes it is a process...there can be layers. The lesson comes in breaking free..... and strength is often born out of pain and struggle. I am asking God to continuously set me free of sin.... free of negative thoughts...negative attitude....negative relationships...to fix my eyes on Him the author and perfector of my faith...who for the joy set before Him endured the cross. May I accept responsibility for my actions and seek to change by courageously going before His throne of grace.

No comments: