Monday, November 24, 2008

Completely Surprised...

I can't believe tomorrow is my last day at my real estate job. It has been a very challenging job for me....not so much because of the job itself, but because of this season I have been in...my inner wrestlings with life and purpose. As I was reflecting back on this past year and this job...I began to feel bad. Just wishing I had done more of this or that ...been a better reflection of Christ. Last Thursday I was really feeling like I hadn't made a difference...so then God began to show me once again...it's not about me...but about Him. His ability to work in our weakness.

I was really caught off guard when by the end of the day my current employer started to discuss me staying...more pay...benefits..etc. I was shocked and confused. I really didn't expect it for one...and I wish so much that they had spoken up much sooner. I might could have stayed for awhile longer. Even though there were aspects that could be really challenging...I have learned a ton....seen growth in my life. There was no way at that point I could stay.. since I had already started the process of everything with the school district. Then on Friday it was a pretty normal morning....until my co worker slipped a big purple bag on my desk. When I got there she was smiling and told me to open it! So...I did. Inside was a really cute Christmas ornament with snowmen on it....then I saw my favorite perfume...at that I started to cry...I couldn't believe she knew that....and then the most amazing sight I ever saw!! A Dallas Cowboy's offical jersey! I was bawling!!!! I had no idea how much this co worker cared about me. It blew my mind that she didn't just get a present....but she actually snooped in my computer and found my Christmas list!! =) I was so shocked. It was so thoughtful....and I know it cost her...it really pierced my heart. The whole idea of giving....graciously and abundantly to those around us...to show how much we care. This year I really really don't have much money...so it's hard....but I see that I can take what I have and be intentional and thoughtful. I also realize once again how much God uses us inspite of all our weaknesses. I am so frail and I fall so short...but in my weakness...in all my yucky sinfulness....He is so strong...He still shines....He is still glorified! I give Him all glory for this past year. I thank Him for the people He has placed in my life to sharpen me....even though it has been extremely painful at times. I have so far to go...so much to learn....but I see that it is not anything in me...it's Him....it's Christ alone...He's my everything.

No comments: