Thursday, August 14, 2008

Another page turns....

God made me laugh tonight...

I have been looking for a place to live.....there are other girls that were promised a spot in this absolutely amazing house of estrogen...so I have to move on. I have been a bit sad...because I absolutely LOVE it here. I have been so very blessed. There couldn't have been a better place to be after living in the Phi Pi house. I have a very sweet roommate..shout out to Chrystal!! I have an amazing land lord Brenda!! Whoot whoot! I have been so loved here. God really put some sweet touches on this place.. my room reminds me a bit of my old room...cause I have a little sitting area. I never expected the swimming pool...but isn't that just like God...just when we need it...to give that extra little something. What an amazing couple of months.

I have been praying about where to next...I have had two precious friends offer their places...and normally I would have accepted...but due to not having health insurance--bad bad bad-I know!!! I don't have the proper med's...to be able to live with animals right now. Which I still have talks about with God...cause I love love love dogs...and I can't lie...one day I will have to have one...but I will wait till I have health insurance. =)

So..today was a day of doors opening...and closing... opening.. and closing. I had a few sweet sweet precious friends throw out some ideas...just that in it's self made me so grateful....and reminded me again.. how big God is.....that He cares where I am..even if I have NO idea where I am going. =)

I called the Sumrall's around 2 p.m. today to see if I was going to be able to live with them again...they are like my grandparents and I think the world of them. I can't even believe they are in their 80's now. Unbelievable. I was so excited at the thought of just being around them again. I love their heart for people and missions. So I got a hold of Mel and he told me that they had got a confirmation that someone was going to live in the spot I wanted. Not going to lie..I was sad. I had such a great plan for my life! I had been praying for God's best...how could anything be better than the Sumrall's ...but I knew I had prayed for God's will. I called another family I had thought of....but they wouldn't have an opening till Nov. Ok...so now I'm thinking God just might be closing the door on Denton. Just as the thought crossed my mind..a dear friend called who knew of a place in The Colony....and then my sister called and offered something to me in Ft Worth...and then the possibility of a job in Ft Worth came up. So now I'm really confused....is it the Colony...maybe it's Ft Worth? By now it's 5 p.m. and I am headed home...just trying to figure out what God might be up to. I had not really been open to living in Ft Worth..never thought of the Colony...I must admit...have even said I will never live in Ft Worth. Which is hillarious...cause I know better than to ever say that. I just kept praying and being encouraged by a precious friend to think outside the box....be open. So just as I was contemplating this Ft Worth thing...and thinking about how that might could work... I had a missed call.. after listening to the message.....it was Mel calling and offering me the room. The other person had cancelled!!!!!!!!!!!! I just thought it was so funny. I couldn't help but think... God did you really have to wait 5 hours to decide it to tell me it was a yes instead of no. I know God knows all things...it's not like He changes His mind. Oh..I know it was apart of His plan--to shape me. =)

Seriously....God is like nothing I have ever known. His ways are so not ours...and it is very evident He is teaching me to trust Him and to be open to go where He leads. After being reminded of Sam and His amazing faith ....I see that it's one thing to say I trust or believe, but it's another to walk it out...all the way to the death...of whatever I must die to...my ideas...my thoughts.. my ways.

Some deaths are more painful than others.

I am happy to say that I had complete peace about accepting the spot with Mel and Patty. What an awesome privilege to get to be near them once again. I know God isn't done with moving me around. I still have no idea what job I will end up with..but I am learning that it's okay to not know. It doesn't mean my life has any less importance or that God has forgotten to have a plan for me.There was a purpose in the 5 hours. I could guess at what it was...but the bottom line is only God knows and He truly does give me...and you.. best--when we wait on Him. Could his best still be Ft Worth...maybe...but I just have the greatest peace about the Sumrall's. This waiting and trying to figure out His will is so hard sometimes!! I pray that I won't falter in the job search...I still don't know where He will lead me...it still could be commuting to Ft Worth for all I know....but I really pray that I will hold fast to His promises and really cling to Him for His direction. I pray I will accept His no's with as much grace as I accept His yes's...and see it for what it is...His goodness and protection...ultimately His love.

No comments: