Tuesday, August 19, 2008

In A Shadow of Sadness....

I am so sad today. It's probably the fact that I am moving again...and reminded that there is no real home here. I am limited in what I can say for various reasons. There are some situations that have made my heart so sad. As I kept trying to "rise above it"..God allowed a dear friend to call... I shared a bit with her.....and after hanging up...I realized that what I long for is heaven.
I can't wait till I will be in a place where the focus is totally and completely...Christ. There will be unbroken fellowship...no goodbyes...no separation....there will be such sweet community. A place where christians won't be flakey....hold grudges...or be too busy......I won't be misunderstood...or put in a category based on single or married...I will have more brothers and sisters than I can count...love will be perfected and sin will not be present. I am a bit disheartened tonight. Everything around me is just not how it is supposed to be. I long for a home..not an earthly dwelling...this longing is for something so much deeper... I know it's for the community that will only exist in heaven. This past Sat. really created a stirring in my heart...it was this taste of something that I want more of....my sadness is over the fact that it just can't exist here...at best we get a glimpse or a taste. I can only imagine how Paul felt....but must do what he did....until God calls me home......so I press on...take it a day at a time...even when I don't "feel" like it.

3 comments:

Jana said...

such a sweet post. to long for some permanency in Christ...

Jana said...

i'm sitting here on my couch thinking about how i can't seem to want to do anything. i don't want to pursue a career. i don't want to live here. i just want change. i think i too long for my home.

Red said...

Me too...won't it be so great...our only work will be loving and serving Christ!! Maybe we will run really fast and have super bikes. A huge ice skating rink...hahaha probably not..but I can't think of anything better than being with Christ...and all of the people we love forever! That is greatness!! =)