Saturday, August 16, 2008

It's Gonna Be Alright.....

So after me getting in the fender bender...now my mom was in one last night....only hers was a bit worse. Her airbag went off and they towed her car. Her message sounded like she was ok....she's at home-thank goodness. I couldn't get a hold of her last night. I am praying she is good today and no further damage done. I also found out that my dad's kidney disease went from stage 2 to stage 3 last week. There are only 5 stages. I honestly don't know much about it...except stage 5 is bad and that is when they start dialysis...which the doctor says won't be another 10 or 15 years. I really hope for that....but stage 2 to 3 went a bit quick.
It's just another reminder of how precious life is...and we never know what is going to happen. I feel so blessed to have such amazing parents. They both love the Lord so very much. They are both very serving and giving people. They have made their fair share of mistakes...but have always been willing to work through things with each of us if we communicated with them. They have instilled in me what it looks like to love Christ and walk with Him daily. As a child I would wake up for school and when I came in the kitchen for breakfast...my dad's Bible and the Daily Bread would always be open and typically he would leave me a note to read over something that morning...or it would just say...you are valuable...I love you, dad. I now get the Daily Bread...it makes me smile every time I see it...and reminds me of the importance of putting God first. I can't say that I am a morning person like my dad...but I do strive to walk daily with Christ. My mom and dad are still together after almost 35 years and they have been so faithful to their commitment. They truly are best friends. I love my parents so much...they definitely taught me a lot....but I think the most valuable things were caught not so much taught. So I am thankful for the many years given and pray for many more....but am reminded that any time we have with those we love is such a gift. We need to enjoy every moment. Let nothing keep us from each other...or expressing God's love....beloved let us love one another, for love is from God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God. The one who does not love...does not know God, for God is love. It's not so strange that He says just before this.... greater is He who is in you..than he who is in the world. I think the greatest challenge we have is to truly love like Christ..and it can be so hard...especially with our family...they can be the hardest to love sometimes...because they know us so well...and nothing is hidden. We absolutely need a power greater than ourselves to be able to truly extend love. Oh how our motives are so wacked...many times...even when we "seek to do good"...it's just those filthy rags.
I just pray that I can take these words to heart....Beloved, if God so loved us- me-Tracy...I ought to love one another. I pray I would truly love....and not be self absorbed. Again...I am reminded it's not about me....my "rights" but His glory. I must write this a million times.

No comments: